When preparing for a trip to the United States, the accounts are summed up by the total cost of a flight to New York , the price of hotel nights in Manhattan , the meal budget, and possibly the price of the hotel. Map ” New York Pass ” to save on museum visits, but we have a very pale idea of what a taxi ride can be worth.
It is obvious that the price of the taxi will not be the most decisive element for you to decide to undertake this journey so much dreamed in New York. But it is always good to know the approximate rates to avoid being ripped off when climbing into the famous yellow cab of Big Apple.
If the rates that we indicate below may have increased the day you make your trip to the US, this will give you some idea of what to expect when you arrive at the John F. Kennedy Airport in New York.
When you get into the taxi, please check if the driver turns on the meter. Check to see if it does not already show a large sum that will add up to your race, or require you to turn it on to avoid any misunderstandings once you reach your final destination.
New York Taxi Rates and Conditions of Use
- Initial coverage: $ 2.50
- Unit cost: $ 0.40 per 320 meters (1/5 mile)
- Waiting time: $ 0.40 per minute
- Overnight supplement, between 8 pm and 6 am: $ 0.50
- Supplement during peak hours, from 4 pm to 8 pm on weekdays: $ 1
- State Tax: $ 0.5
- Passengers of the taxi will have to pay any tolls
- The driver must assist passengers with disabilities to get on and off the taxi. By calling the 311 they will have taxis equipped for wheelchairs.
- There is no extra charge for luggage